Getting to know our children through travel has been one of the best decisions we have made as a family. Travel allows us to slow down, create memories, and learn about the world in new and different ways. Collected here are quotes about travel and family that inspire us to continue to adventure and journey with our children. I hope these family travel quotes will encourage you take the leap to “Just Go”!
Our List of Quotes about Travel and Family
- Family Adventure Quotes
- Quotes about Travelling with Family
- Family Journey Quotes
- Kid Adventure Quotes
- Family Trip Quotes
This post may contain affiliate links. Just Go Family may earn a commission if these links are clicked.
Family Adventure Quotes
These famous quotes about adventure remind us of the value of the journeys we take with our children. Travel increases the experiences they will carry into the future. Our children learn and grow through lessons beyond the four walls of a classroom.
1. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
2. “Children deserve to grow and learn in a place and alongside a force that is as wild and alive as they are.” – Nicolette Sowder
3. “Kids don’t need more toys – they need more adventures.” – Sarah Mueller
4. “When you travel with children, you are giving something that can never be taken away…experience, exposure and a way of life.” – Pamela Chandler
5. “Blessed are the curious as they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman
6. “We must take adventures to know where we truly belong.”
7. “To live would be an awfully big adventure” – Peter Pan
8. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
9. “Your kids will remember the adventures you went on, not the stuff you bought them. Kids outgrow stuff, they never outgrow adventures.”
10. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, its lethal” – Paul Coelho
Quotes about Travelling with Family
These notable quotes about travelling with family inspire us of the longstanding impact that family trips can have on children, and remind us that experience is the best teacher.
11.”If we want our children to move mountains, first we have to let them get out of their chairs.” Nicole Sowder
12. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” – Ernest Hemmingway
13. “Live with no excuses and travel with no regrets.” – Oscar Wilde
14. “It is not the destination where you end up but the mishaps and memories you create along the way.” – Penelope Riley
15. “We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us.”
16. “Travelling in the company of those we love is home in motion.” – Leigh Hunt
17. “If we want our children to move mountains, we first have to let them get out of their chairs.” – Nicolette Sowder
18. “Let the children free; encourage them; let them run outside when its raining; let them remove their shoes when they find a puddle of water; and, when the grass of the meadows is damp with dew, let them run on it and trample it with their bare feet; let them rest peacefully when a tree invites them to sleep beneath its shade; let them shout and laugh when the sun wakes them in the morning.” – Dr. Maria Montessori
19. “Happiness is only real when shared.” – Jon Krakauer
20. “In the end, kids won’t remember that fancy toy you bought them, they will remember the time you spent with them.” – Kevin Heath
Family Journey Quotes
These family journey quotes capture the wonder and beauty that comes from exploring the natural world with children. They remind us to just go and get outside, appreciating the small things in life, as they are the big things.
21. “I like people who get excited about the change of seasons, the sound of the ocean, watching the sunset, the smell of rain and starry nights.” – Brooke Hampton
22. “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jamie Lyn Beatty
23. “The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.” – Og Mandino
24. “The more risks you allow your children to take, the better they learn to take after themselves.” – Roald Dahl
25. “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” – John Muir
26. “Don’t just tell children about the world. Show them.” – Penny Whitehouse
27. “No matter how old you get, may you always stop to fill your pockets with smooth stones, empty snail shells and other little treasures.” – Nicolette Sowder
28. “Why do you go away?” So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.” – Terry Pratchett
29. “Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings.” – Hodding Carter
30. “Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” -Charles R. Swindoll
Kid Adventure Quotes
These kid adventure quotes remind us that the best lessons that children learn are often taught beyond the four walls of a classroom. Experiences and enrichment stay with children forever in their memories.
31. “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is better.” – Bob Talbert
32. “Let them once get in touch with nature and a habit is formed which will be a source of delight through life.” Charlotte Mason
33. “Children still need a childhood with dirt, mud, puddles, trees, sticks, and tadpoles.” – Brooke Hampton
34. “Children cannot bounce off the walls if we take away the walls.” – Erin Kenny
35. “Sunsets, like childhood, are viewed with wonder not just because they are beautiful but because they are fleeting.” – Richard Paul Evans
36. “There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where the colors are brighter, the air is softer and the morning more fragrant than ever again.” – Elizabeth Lawrence
37. “Keep your children wild – don’t make them grow up too fast. Let them spend their days in the sunshine using their imagination. They are the change! Those wild children daydreaming in the sunshine will grow into grounded adults with minds and spirits capable of creating a better future.” – Brooke Hampton
38. “Kids don’t remember their best day of television.”
39. “Tell me and I’ll forget. Teach me and I’ll remember. Involve me and I’ll learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
40. “Not all classrooms have four walls.”
Family Trip Quotes
These family trip quotes encourage you to just go. Adventure, journey, take the first leap and live life to the fullest.
41. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
42. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
43. “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
44. “People forget the years and remember moments.” – Ann Beattie
45. “We leave something of ourselves behind when we leave a place, we stay there, even though we go away. And there are things in us that we can find again only by going back there.” – Pascal Mercier
46. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, to gain all while you give, to roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
47. “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.” – John Muir
48. “When a child gives you a gift, even if it’s a rock, they just picked up, exude gratitude. It may be the only thing they have to give, and they have chosen to give it to you.” – Dean Jackson
49. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
50. “The earth has music for those who listen.” – Shakespeare
See these websites for more quotes about family and travel…
20 Quotes That Will Inspire You to Travel with Kids More Often
Family Travel Quotes – 31 Inspiring Family Vacation Quotes
Best Family Travel Quotes – The Passport Kids Adventure
66 Best Family Travel Quotes – Designs for Travel
6 thoughts on “50 Inspiring Quotes about Travel and Family”
Pingback: Anastasia State Park Camping: A Guide for Florida Travelers - Just Go!
Pingback: Where to Kayak in Florida Without Alligators... Or with them! - Just Go!
Pingback: Where to get the best brunch: New Smyrna Beach 2022 - Just Go!
Pingback: 40 Best Camping Gifts for Kids in 2022 - Just Go!
Pingback: Cayo Costa Camping Tips for 2021 - Just Go!
Pingback: The Best Disney Springs Happy Hours in 2022 - Just Go!